Thursday, October 8, 2009

Wedding Date Update

Alright. Here's the official not ever changing unless the world implodes, set in stone, enforced by Jake wedding date - December 11, 2010.

We did decide on March at first, as mostly a compromise. It made sense in my head, but the more I thought about a March wedding the more it didn't make sense in my heart. In case you all are wondering, here's how we ended up at this date.

We originally planned on getting married in August 2011 before we were even engaged. The plan was to get married when Jake was done with school and his licensing exam. As we moved closer to engagement and marriage, I realized that waiting another two years to get married just wasn't going to make me happy. Luckily Jake loves me and wants to marry me whenever so we moved to date to May 2011 so at least he was done with school.

May didn't exactly work because of the multitude of graduations and proms within the family that would almost definitely conflict with our chosen date and make life stressful.

We still felt that it was important to at least put off the wedding until Jake was comfortable fitting it in with his school obligations, so we knew we didn't want to get married in the summer or 2010. We tossed around the idea of a Christmas wedding as well as a random month wedding sometime between Dec and May. At the time Dec seemed like it would present way too many complications and settled on March because if I did decide to go back to school I would at least be on break. March 19 was just the compromised, sensible day so we went with it.

I've been thinking about it a lot, trying to decide what I really wanted for the wedding. My first choice would be a nice summer wedding, semi-outdoors, and smallish. That went out the window very quickly - summer of 2011 was too far out and summer 2010 seemed to too soon. To be honest, the only other wedding vision I kept coming back to was this white, winter wedding with a candle lit ceremony and lots of soft pretty touches. This, unfortunately didn't seem to fit with March.

After lots of thought, stress and deliberation I have decided to go with December. Jake told me the other day to just decide what I wanted and to do it, and just make it work no matter what. So here we are. I will be having white winter wedding with candle light and soft touches.

Also, this wedding date is now unmovable. Jake has assured me that he will not let me change it, and so it is now set in stone. I will begin working on our Save the Dates now and once they are done... no changing my mind!

7 comments:

  1. how did i not know there was a blog?!?

    following immediately.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ALSO I AM EXCITED BECAUSE I CAN PUT THIS IS MY CURRENT PLANNER! AHHHH

    ReplyDelete
  3. No I just follow. I haven't found my topic. Suggestions?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you made a final decision! And the way you describe your wedding is so cute and I'm excited for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yayyyY!!! it does sound so cute. i am so excited and happy for youuuu!!! also excited i can put it in my planner too :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Megan, I just found your blog so I read it... You should look into freeze-dried flower petals. My sister had them as decorations for her Dec. wedding and they were really pretty and didn't wilt at all. I guess I don't know price-wise how they were...

    ReplyDelete